Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 heater hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7T914-6
I'm confused. Can someone clarify if there are two different hose types, length and color. There appears to be a high temp hose (orange - 60mm x 320mm long) and a second hose that is a different color and length (tan 60mm x 420mm) is that right? Seems easy to source the orange "high temp" hose but anyone found a source for the other one?

I have Billy Boat headers with heat exchangers but they are not connected yet. Do we need the hose clamps at the heater (flapper) box that has the cable guide or will any 600mm+ clamp work.

Anyone find a source for cadmium plated clamps or the original slide calms vs. the standard screw type clamps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(7T914-6 @ Sep 18 2020, 04:43 PM) *

I'm confused. Can someone clarify if there are two different hose types, length and color. There appears to be a high temp hose (orange - 60mm x 320mm long) and a second hose that is a different color and length (tan 60mm x 420mm) is that right? Seems easy to source the orange "high temp" hose but anyone found a source for the other one?

I have Billy Boat headers with heat exchangers but they are not connected yet. Do we need the hose clamps at the heater (flapper) box that has the cable guide or will any 600mm+ clamp work.

Anyone find a source for cadmium plated clamps or the original slide calms vs. the standard screw type clamps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The b&b are not stock location so lengths will very.. I will also tell you don't expect much heat from them.. They really dont produce much heat.
7T914-6
Thanks for the input. I’m in California so don’t plan on it spending a whole lot of time out in the cold. Just want it “complete”.

Because the lengths are different, do you think I need to buy the hose by the foot vs. the standard lengths?
Mikey914
Tell me what you need I can make to whatever length you need.
7T914-6
Thanks. I’ll figure out what I need and let you know. Thanks very much!
mb911
QUOTE(7T914-6 @ Sep 18 2020, 11:47 PM) *

Thanks for the input. I’m in California so don’t plan on it spending a whole lot of time out in the cold. Just want it “complete”.

Because the lengths are different, do you think I need to buy the hose by the foot vs. the standard lengths?

I understand.. Kind of ironic that 90% of my heat exchangers sold are to folks in southern CA. Not trying to be that guy just letting you know they won't be very effective
Cairo94507
Let me just say, @MB911 Ben's heat exchangers work as well as, if not better than, the stock 914-6 heat exchangers.

We just connected the heater flappers on my car yesterday and on the way home last night, (from Los Angeles) I pulled the heater lever up and did not say anything to my brother. After about a minute I said to him, can you feel the heat? He said, "Yeah. Are trying to cook me to medium rare?" So they really work very well. Oh, and I have had 2 other 6's with stock heat exchangers so am quite familiar with the stock output. beerchug.gif

The reason I was so adamant about having functioning heat is I really like the top on my car off so it is nice to have the heat on while driving to stay toasty when it is cool outside. beerchug.gif
90quattrocoupe
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 20 2020, 05:37 AM) *

having functioning heat is I really like the top on my car off so it is nice to have the heat on while driving to stay toasty when it is cool outside.

This.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.