Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 86 Carrera front Struts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Krieger
These are later struts with 3 1/2” brake spacing. This pair has been reworked by Tangerine racing. Spindles raised 22mm. Steering knuckles curved to help bump steer. Powder coated. I used these on my 914/6 that I tracked. I switched to earlier 3” spacing struts and aluminum Brembo calipers to lighten each corner a lot. I was and am still running Koni adjustable shocks. They require a top spacer ring to take up a 5mm gap between the Koni and the inside of the strut. I didn’t like the play that the struts had with this ring. I would recommend running Bilsteins with these Carrera struts. Bilstein bodies are wider and are held very tightly in place by different top nuts that are specific to Bilsteins. The Boge shocks may be fine to, but I don’t know. You will need spacers to run 15” wheels or you need to run taller rims. I know you can raise the spindle 19mm and still run 15” rims with no spacer. There is a slight amount of wear on the left spindle where the outer wheel bearing race sits. It’s not from The bearing spinning on the spindle. You can barely notice this with your finger nail. It just sounds like your wheel bearing may be set slightly loose. Never had a problem with these at speed on the track.
$375 plus shipping.

Sold

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Another

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Bottom of left spindle.

Click to view attachment
Krieger
icon_bump.gif
Krieger
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.