Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another easy to do project GB Headlight sourounds w/ option for LED upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
So as many of you may have noticed we offered these up previously but as complete package to rebuild the entire assembly with the brushes and hardware. We really just needed to offer them up alone.

So if you are tired of painting yours you can get new ones that will not peal.

A little info on the whites we would like to share.
When looking for samples we purchased 3 sets that were supposed to be original. The weird thing was they were all slightly different colors colors and one had texture to it. So we were initially thinking it was painted. This created a dilemma. DO we need 2 sets of molds for these?

As we started to look closer at the other untextured ones we noticed that if we used acetone we could remove the color and they were in fact both painted. As we removed layers we found that both had texture. So we were able sand off the outer patina to match the color and produce these to look exactly like factory ones did new.

The black is pretty straight forward and now if you want black for your yous and it "should" be white, you can swap them out no paint needed. biggrin.gif

Another thing you can do easily while you are there is to swap out the headlamp bulbs with housings and LED high low beam bulbs. We have been through countless vendors on these and have tested and run them in our cars. They are literally a safety issue if you drive at night you can really see the road. They re also adjustable so you can adjust the line for on coming traffic to no be blinded. There is an issue with high low circuits for grounding and we will be making a video of how to install, adjust and easily modify the circuit to run independently.

These will be the base of the surrounds only (with new stainless screws), and option to add LED headlamps and housings.

The latest version headlamps include new rubber seals on the back and when bough together WE assemble so you plug and play!

headlight surrounds only are
in black $50
in white $55

Add in LEDs with 2 new housings assembled and ready to plug in
and your package is
Black $135
White $140
(sorry got these reversed this is now corrected)

Retail on these packages are $254
The reason we charge the $5 more is they actually cost more to make.

So who's interested

I have several other GBs going and we will combine to save shipping costs. This is just one of those easy to do projects that really make a difference.

Retail is $164 for these alone
Craigers17
I'm in for 1 complete package w/ black surrounds. Thanks!
-Craig
Mikey914
Not a lot of folks needing these I will have the codes out Monday afternoon.
sbsix
I’m in for white surrounds and would like to combine with my speedo kit fix.
Mikey914
Yes this was the idea. the only thing that is holding me up right now is the visor screws. The plated I sent them to was not open Friday. I'm hoping I can catch up with them today to be able to include them too.
doug_b_928
I would like the white surrounds but I'm going to be purchasing your complete resto kit. Because your resto kit is not yet on the new website (and appears to have been removed from the old one), I can't tell if the surrounds comes with the revised kit or how the GB price compares to the resto kit. Please advise.
Mikey914
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Apr 13 2020, 09:36 AM) *

I would like the white surrounds but I'm going to be purchasing your complete resto kit. Because your resto kit is not yet on the new website (and appears to have been removed from the old one), I can't tell if the surrounds comes with the revised kit or how the GB price compares to the resto kit. Please advise.

The resto kit actually will knock it down quite a bit, but the GB usually is the least expensive option.
MM1
I'm interested, Mark
DRPHIL914
please
send code for black headlight surrounds.
wouldn’t you know i ordered the headlight lenses just last week! oh well, anyway i still need the new surrounds, thanks.

Phil
RickS
In for a set of white surrounds. (Tried sanding the yellow tint off mine, but what a PITA). This is a deal. Thanks Mark
Mikey914
Codes will be sent in about an hour, just finishing cleaning up from a project
Mikey914
Sent
iankarr
In for a complete set in black
914-300Hemi
I just mine out out last weekend because the paint was peeling.
I will take a full set in black.
ben*james
I’ll take a complete set. Black. Thanks Mark!
billh1963
I need a black set with headlights. The ones in BB aren’t that bright
JOEPROPER
I'd like a set in black. Also need the hold down ring that holds the bulb in.
andreic
I don't need the surrounds, but I'd be interested in a set of LED headlights if there is a sale on them.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far. The GB isn't actually for the LED headlights but the surrounds as while you are there it's an easy swap.

Anyone got a headlight globe retaining right for JOEROPER you an hook him up? We don't have new ......Yet.
ben*james
Order submitted on your Website - thanks Mark!
Robarabian
Please send me a code for the kit in black.
dakotaewing
Please include me for a set of black surrounds only -

Thanks - Thom
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Apr 16 2020, 11:20 AM) *

Thanks - Thom

Thom,

You have a hell of a parts collection for a car that doesn't exist! poke.gif

Clay
dakotaewing
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 16 2020, 11:23 AM) *

Thanks - Thom

Thom,

Clay

Yep...
Mikey914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 16 2020, 09:23 AM) *

Thanks - Thom

Thom,

Clay

Think about it as building a car one piece at a time. biggrin.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 16 2020, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 16 2020, 09:23 AM) *

Thanks - Thom

Thom,

Clay

Think about it as building a car one piece at a time. biggrin.gif

in for a set of early and late.

Robarabian
Shout out!! Got my headlamps and LEDs yesterday. Installed them today. They look and work beautiful, cant wait to get the car out at night and make sure they are adjusted. Great deal and amazing service. Thanks 914 Rubber!
Mikey914
Make sure to Adjust the angles of the bulbs in the lenses before putting the surround on. No real big deal, just easier.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 13 2020, 02:43 AM) *

Not a lot of folks needing these I will have the codes out Monday afternoon.

Mark, please forward the GB code for a set of the white headlight surrounds. Thanks.
BPic
@mikey914

Is this group buy still available? Seems I missed this post.
Mikey914
Til the end of the month or we run out of LED lights whichever comes 1st PM sent
Robarabian
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 18 2020, 09:33 PM) *

Make sure to Adjust the angles of the bulbs in the lenses before putting the surround on. No real big deal, just easier.

There were no instructions, which way should the LED's face? side to side or up and down?
Mikey914
These are installed into H4 lens housings. They can only fit one way as they are pre-assembled. So I'm not getting the question. The H4 lens housings have stops in the back that seat into the mounting base. The ring will not close if not properly orientated.

Mark
Driver174
Please let me in on this upgrade GB if another one is available.

Thanks,
Jim
RickS
Added my new surrounds. Thanks Mark!

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(RickS @ Apr 23 2020, 07:34 PM) *

Added my new surrounds. Thanks Mark!

Click to view attachment

Nice whites,

Let us know your impression after you have a chance to use these after dark. I love them, but that’s me. These really make it safer to drive at night.
davehg
Got mine today, they look great.

tazz9924
Im in for a black set with LEDs!
racer914
I'm in for 1 complete package w/ black surrounds. Thanks!
Marv's3.6six
I'm in for a full setup with Black surrounds. Ty Marv.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far.
dakotaewing
@Mikey914

I also wanted the front turn signal screw set,
but not seeing how to add it to my checkout...
Please advise - Thanks
jim_hoyland
White surrounds please... smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Apr 24 2020, 07:33 PM) *

@Mikey914

I also wanted the front turn signal screw set,
but not seeing how to add it to my checkout...
Please advise - Thanks

If
dakotaewing
Hey @Mikey914 ,

Thanks for taking care of me, and the rest of the folks here on the World! beer.gif
I got the codes for the surrounds and the metal, but still looking for the
turn signal screw set. If its not ready yet, I'll get them on the next order!

Thom
Mikey914
The GB ends tomorrow midnight pacific
Mueller
I'd like to get a complete set in black. (surrounds, bulbs and lenses)
bobh
I would like the complete set with lights in WHITE
Also want the complete GB package visor screws,lens screws, seals in amber
Mikey914
PMs set to all so far. So think about this we are only in the office til 5 if you want the codes you need us to send them to you. The codes expire at midnight. SO don't be shy if you want anything,
mark
dlee6204
I'm in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.