Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ralph's new garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
Well I finally bit the bullet, emptied the ban account, and built a way better facility for me and my girls. Here is the series of events. Inside work has just started, so no pictures yet.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

rgolia
The foundation took a few days. The garage was a one day build.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

rgolia
forgot - here are the girls

Click to view attachment

BeatNavy
smilie_pokal.gif Very nice, Ralph!! That's a sweet setup smile.gif
jd74914
Very nice!! Really nice looking space...the stone wall looks really nice too! smile.gif

Gotta ask...is that your Kubota? I'm guessing L25xx-L3xxx? How do you like it (asking because my Dad's looking for a CUT)?
mepstein
Looks great. Your girls will love their new home.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
really GREAT work! Would love to do that at my house but afraid that the neighborhood association would come after me! I have the perfect place.
Cairo94507
Very nice. They will be very comfortable. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
I'm jealous mad.gif ...but happy for you and your girls Ralph. biggrin.gif

Oscar
rgolia
L33. Love it. Have forks for it. It is the third one I have owned. They keep getting bigger.

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 21 2020, 05:12 PM) *

Very nice!! Really nice looking space...the stone wall looks really nice too! smile.gif

Gotta ask...is that your Kubota? I'm guessing L25xx-L3xxx? How do you like it (asking because my Dad's looking for a CUT)?

rgolia
Thanks everyone. Not sure if I am going to upgrade the lift I have to a 4-poster or just stick with the max jack. I can only work on the 914, as I know nothing about the 911 and I think any work on the 911 other than simple stuff, like an oil change, is above my pay grade.
IronHillRestorations
Hubba, hubba! Nice space!!
mepstein
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 21 2020, 05:41 PM) *

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I am going to upgrade the lift I have to a 4-poster or just stick with the max jack. I can only work on the 914, as I know nothing about the 911 and I think any work on the 911 other than simple stuff, like an oil change, is above my pay grade.

Much of the 911 is similar to the 914 and with so many YouTube videos out there, it’s pretty easy to see what you are in for and follow step by step.
4 post lifts are good for storage but your max jack is better for doing work
mlindner
That looks great...now 220 service, air and heat, insulation, soften water/drain and it goes on. Love it, have fun.
Literati914
I need a garage built at my place soo bad! Had plans drawn up already (a more modest one than you've got), but haven't gone for city approval yet, after the sticker shock I got from the very specific (over built IMHO) type of foundation that's required. It can't be a simple slab, city want's something more elaborate. We have near solid limestone about 1/2 foot down... shoots the price way up.

Your new Garage is Sweet !!! Congrats.
Betty
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 21 2020, 04:04 PM) *

forgot - here are the girls

Click to view attachment

Your girls are beautiful! cheer.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 21 2020, 05:36 PM) *

L33. Love it. Have forks for it. It is the third one I have owned. They keep getting bigger.

Thanks! It’s funny-we’re looking for smaller, but not too small(have 20,000 lb, 100 hp backhoe now).
billh1963
Very nice! How many square feet?
914-300Hemi
Congrats on the new home for the girls.
It is amazing that it was built in a day.
76-914
Very nice, indeed. beerchug.gif
914Steve
Very nice shop. Will have to meet up in the near future. I have a large pole barn a 4-post lift which has been great. Need to add heat at some point to take the chill off winters.
cali914
im jealous of your girls and their new home. looks great
rgolia

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Feb 22 2020, 08:49 AM) *

Very nice! How many square feet?

About 900.
rgolia
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 21 2020, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 21 2020, 05:41 PM) *

Much of the 911 is similar to the 914 and with so many YouTube videos out there, it’s pretty easy to see what you are in for and follow step by step.
4 post lifts are good for storage but your max jack is better for doing work

Good points Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.