Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we had this made because of all of the broken and or cracked ones out there. Made of heavy duty automotive material so will last for the life of the 914Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Chi-town
But is the texture correct? laugh.gif
mmichalik
who cares! if it's close, I need one for the '75 smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
a bit shinier but will dull down, texture is ok not radically differentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Bed liner?
914Sixer
They will match AA's other pieces. They have the seat belt pillars and roll bar cover. George ran a special on them last year.
Chris914n6
Your manufacturer has to be the only one in the world that doesn't have a haircell pattern. Even American haircell would be a respectable replacement.

Specially with that piece that only a restorer would want.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 15 2020, 05:17 PM) *

Your manufacturer has to be the only one in the world that doesn't have a haircell pattern. Even American haircell would be a respectable replacement.

Specially with that piece that only a restorer would want.

agree.gif What was behind the decision to use such a different texture? Are we missing something? Almost looks like it was textured during a painting process post-molding instead of coming from a textured mold.
Front yard mechanic
Some people would complain if they were getting hung by a new rope blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I have send an e mail to Juergen our manufacturer expressing your concerns. May have something to do with the material, tried to use something that would not shrink crack or fade. He has access to all of the latest materials they use for Toyotas and Hondas
Triaddave
"It will last the life of a 914...What is the life span?
Ansbacher
How much are they, George? I just wasted money on an inferior used one. Day late, dollar short as usual.

Ansbacher
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Bed liner?

av-943.gif

Wood grain tile floor ?
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 19 2020, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Bed liner?

av-943.gif

Wood grain tile floor ?

Looks odd really,sure there could be something better from a leading ? parts supplier,my cars a total mongrel and I wouldn't fit this...as for show car owners that will never happen, sorry but that's the facts.
pete000
Better than an old cracked and torn piece, but the grain is really quite off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.