Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LS intake/trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Anybody have some pictures of the route taken when going through the front of the rear trunk from the throttle body to the air filter?
Andyrew
@dan10101 has it done on his car. He's got the full air intake, but I haven't seen too many others. Ls6
dan10101
Here is what the previous owner had in it when I got it.

Click to view attachment

But I didn't like the wasted space. So I removed it and did the typical 90 degree turn into a K&N cone filter. I'll have to find or take a picture to show you that, but it allowed me to do this at the last track day (finally had track tires).

Click to view attachment

burton73
Turning the injection 180 degrees from the stock LS. Not sure if it just bolts up that way?
That is what Dan’s car has or if it needs extra stuff to fit the injection that way. LOve Dan's car look!

I have seen it done on a number of LS 914 cars

Bob B
dan10101
Here is the modified intake. I just disconnected the tube to the dual snorkel intake (above) and used the appropriate sized 90 degree elbow from ebay and a K&N filter. Note the tube from the fender inlet is pointing at the cone filter. Not that it needs it, but it doesn't hurt for a little cool air.

Click to view attachment

dan10101

Oh, and yes, the intake is a stock LS6 turned around backwards. Fits fine.

On mine 2 of the vent tubes (out of 4) were plugged off. I'm not sure if that is necessary or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.