Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: A section of a rear trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Literati914
I'm looking to patch my rear trunk lid where a spoiler used to be and where rust is now.. I need a 20 inch x 5.5 inches section to do this. As a reference, I need 13" to the left of the latch pin and 7" to the right of it (when looking at the under side) and 5.5" or so wide. I do NOT need the pin or latch. Anyone got a car being cut up?

Literati914
I still need a trunk section if anyone's willing:

IPB Image
Literati914
IPB Image[/url]
mepstein
I would just look for a good used lid
cary
Ditto ....
burton73
I third it!

I say new trunk lid. Less work and better result.
They are around.

Bob B

Literati914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2020, 09:39 AM) *

I would just look for a good used lid
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 14 2020, 10:04 AM) *

Ditto ....
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 14 2020, 12:12 PM) *

I third it!

I say new trunk lid. Less work and better result.
They are around.

Bob B

Well, ideally a whole lid would be preferred yes, BUT whole lids are more expensive than just the piece, for starters ... then there's the matter of shipping - they're big, bulky and a hassle to package and ship - which most are not willing to mess with for reasonable prices. Then there's the cost of shipping on top of that. The piece I'm looking for would have it's advantages. I'm confident I can weld it to my existing lid just fine. JMHO.

And I'm still in the market for it... anyone?

mepstein
Unfortunately, my extra lid is damaged in the spot you need. I think that is where most go bad since it's the lowest spot and filled with foam.

Hopefully there is a 914 hoarder near you to snag a lid.
9146C
On Facebook Marketplace, somebody is advertising 3 - 914's for sale (close enough to Dallas to maybe take a look or negotiate for a lid).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/464758180772853/

The next option might make the purists cringe, but, would you consider a QRS fiberglass replacement panel?

http://www.qrsfiberglass.com/porsche-914-916

I actually went the fiberglass route for both front and rear lids...excellent build and quality...only downside is you'll either have to disable the hinge springs (due to flex) or replace with less tension.

Good luck!

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.