Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Air Filter Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beebo Kanelle
Anybody know where I can lay hands on an air filter box for the 914-6?

I see it has a PN 91110800102 - is it identical to the 911 air filter?

Thanks to all.
Dave_Darling
I remember that it is not identical but it is interchangeable.

--DD
Mike Fitton
The snorkel is different it points the opposite way of the 911 one, very hard to find.
914forme
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Apr 12 2019, 09:25 PM) *

The snorkel is different it points the opposite way of the 911 one, very hard to find.

sounds like a job for @MB911
altitude411
early 911 and the six are plastic but the snorkels are different and the oil breather (plastic on the six) points to the oil tank. Hard to find a six that is not melted/compromised. Carb fires... huh.gif

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Apr 12 2019, 10:05 PM) *

early 911 and the six are plastic but the snorkels are different and the oil breather (plastic on the six) points to the oil tank. Hard to find a six that is not melted/compromised. Carb fires... huh.gif

Click to view attachment

The one pictured is not for a 914 6......might be for a 911 with mechanical
injection.
The Shell sticker is not faced correctly for a 911 or a 914 6
A correct unit was listed on Ebay recently, $500. with some carb fire damage.
gereed75
The actual plastic boxes are identical. There are a variety of vent fittings and I can not claim to know exactly what is correct for each application, but I am pretty certain the 914 vent was a yellow plated metal one. The one pictured above is the black plastic vent fitting.

As stated above the correct snorkel is unique to the six. It points to the passenger side and has no other fittings or attachments.

There is a 911 version that points to the same side (I think it came on an E version) but it has a “Y” fitting pointing down near the end. I suspect that the Y could be removed and look very much like a six snorkel. I only mention that because the 911 one is much easier to find than the six one.

Good luck hunting.
Beebo Kanelle
Y'all are great.

I now have some idea as to what to do.

Many thanks to all for all your guidance and leadership!
rgalla9146
Two original pieces.
There are different plastic housings among 911s.
Not sure about the Shell sticker, might have been added, might be a European
version.
AFAIK the enrichment squirters were on all sixes. No chokes !
How original do you want your car ?
Happy Hunting
rgalla9146
other
rgalla9146
other side
Beebo Kanelle
Indeed!

Thank you!!!
altitude411
Thanks for the correction Rory. smile.gif
Also, i just dug up this thread in the originality section showing the recalled cold start system if anyone would like to continue their education. It's fantastic to have all the info that is contained on this site. Thanks guys. shades.gif
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=283855

* Good luck with you search for an air box

gereed75
Old thread but I recently discovered that there are actually very slight variations in the plastic boxes used on 911’s. The general size and shape are all the same, just slight variations of underside indents and bulges to clear different equipment fitted to 911’s. And of course the differences in vent hose fittings.

All are perfectly functional for use on a 914-6. It is still the unique smooth (no fittings) right pointing 914-6 snorkel that is hard to find
porschetub
I notice there is no metal breather hose fitting on the snorkel as per the 911.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.