Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOT: My Recent Aztec 7 VW Kit Car purchase, with a few unusual features
914rrr
post Sep 30 2026, 08:01 PM
Post #1


Advanced Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,108
Joined: 1-July 03
From: McMinnville, TN
Member No.: 874
Region Association: South East States



I just purchased a Fiberfab Aztec 7 Kit Car.

I bought (traded for ) another Aztec 7 in the early 80's. It was my daily driver in college for a couple of years before it caught fire and was totalled. I've always been half looking for one since and just missed out on a yellow one last year.

I was browsing FB Marketplace and found this one. Contacted the seller and purchased it last weekend.

It's based on a 72 VW Beetle with a 1600 dual port engine, a 2bbl Holley Weber, header exhaust and AC (weird looking AC compressor), etc. In true 80's style it has (had) a CB/AM/FM radio unit (missing) with a "deluxe" mic that has the channel changer, volume dial, etc. built in. It sort of looks like a mini voice recorder at first glance and also has a retractable CB/AM/FM antenna (broken).

One big upgrade from the original kit was curved laminated glass side windows, as the OG ones were plexiglass. They're currently out of the car in storage

The engine had some odd looking gizmos hanging off of it and wondered what they were. I climbed in the car and looked up and spotted it, an aftermarket push button cruise control system panel mounted in the overhead console! That also explained why there were these weird beaded chains dangling from the clutch and brake pedals. I don't ever remember seeing a cruise control system on an air-cooled VW.

Here's a few pics.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shivers
post Sep 30 2026, 08:43 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
****

Group: Members
Posts: 3,630
Joined: 19-October 20
From: La Quinta, CA
Member No.: 24,781
Region Association: Southern California



When you hit 88 mph do you go back to the 80’s. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I’ve never seen one. Looks like a dodge front side marker.
Nice looking car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
infraredcalvin
post Sep 30 2026, 08:56 PM
Post #3


Distracted Member
***

Group: Members
Posts: 1,775
Joined: 25-August 08
From: Ladera Ranch, CA
Member No.: 9,463
Region Association: Southern California



I read Aztec (Aztek) and kit car and I really didn’t want to like it, but it does look kind of cool…
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 30 2026, 10:03 PM
Post #4


914 Wizard
**********

Group: Members
Posts: 11,377
Joined: 12-September 04
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille



QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 30 2026, 08:56 PM) *

I read Aztec (Aztek) and kit car and I really didn’t want to like it, but it does look kind of cool…


I agree,, I like it.. Have Fun...Think Telsa Powered... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 11:04 PM
...