Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 heater hoses, Size and Length for 914-6 hoses
7T914-6
post Sep 18 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,485
Region Association: Central California

I'm confused. Can someone clarify if there are two different hose types, length and color. There appears to be a high temp hose (orange - 60mm x 320mm long) and a second hose that is a different color and length (tan 60mm x 420mm) is that right? Seems easy to source the orange "high temp" hose but anyone found a source for the other one?

I have Billy Boat headers with heat exchangers but they are not connected yet. Do we need the hose clamps at the heater (flapper) box that has the cable guide or will any 600mm+ clamp work.

Anyone find a source for cadmium plated clamps or the original slide calms vs. the standard screw type clamps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 18 2020, 07:04 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(7T914-6 @ Sep 18 2020, 04:43 PM) *

I'm confused. Can someone clarify if there are two different hose types, length and color. There appears to be a high temp hose (orange - 60mm x 320mm long) and a second hose that is a different color and length (tan 60mm x 420mm) is that right? Seems easy to source the orange "high temp" hose but anyone found a source for the other one?

I have Billy Boat headers with heat exchangers but they are not connected yet. Do we need the hose clamps at the heater (flapper) box that has the cable guide or will any 600mm+ clamp work.

Anyone find a source for cadmium plated clamps or the original slide calms vs. the standard screw type clamps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The b&b are not stock location so lengths will very.. I will also tell you don't expect much heat from them.. They really dont produce much heat.
+Quote Post
7T914-6
post Sep 19 2020, 01:47 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the input. I’m in California so don’t plan on it spending a whole lot of time out in the cold. Just want it “complete”.

Because the lengths are different, do you think I need to buy the hose by the foot vs. the standard lengths?
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 19 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #4

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Tell me what you need I can make to whatever length you need.
+Quote Post
7T914-6
post Sep 20 2020, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Thanks. I’ll figure out what I need and let you know. Thanks very much!
+Quote Post
mb911
post Sep 20 2020, 06:14 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(7T914-6 @ Sep 18 2020, 11:47 PM) *

Thanks for the input. I’m in California so don’t plan on it spending a whole lot of time out in the cold. Just want it “complete”.

Because the lengths are different, do you think I need to buy the hose by the foot vs. the standard lengths?

I understand.. Kind of ironic that 90% of my heat exchangers sold are to folks in southern CA. Not trying to be that guy just letting you know they won't be very effective
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 20 2020, 06:37 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Let me just say, @MB911 Ben's heat exchangers work as well as, if not better than, the stock 914-6 heat exchangers.

We just connected the heater flappers on my car yesterday and on the way home last night, (from Los Angeles) I pulled the heater lever up and did not say anything to my brother. After about a minute I said to him, can you feel the heat? He said, "Yeah. Are trying to cook me to medium rare?" So they really work very well. Oh, and I have had 2 other 6's with stock heat exchangers so am quite familiar with the stock output. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

The reason I was so adamant about having functioning heat is I really like the top on my car off so it is nice to have the heat on while driving to stay toasty when it is cool outside. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
90quattrocoupe
post Sep 20 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 20,561
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 20 2020, 05:37 AM) *

having functioning heat is I really like the top on my car off so it is nice to have the heat on while driving to stay toasty when it is cool outside.

This.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:46 PM