Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Ride Stuck in First Gear, Any ideas on how to fix this?
R_u_dd
post Aug 8 2020, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,072
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This is the maiden voyage around the 100 foot track in the backyard. Unfortunately I've got something wrong with the clutch or transmission. This is a Subaru conversion with 2.5 litre SOHC engine and Subaru 5MT transmission (push style). The issue is that I can't shift while the engine is running.

- The transmission shifts through all the gears while the engine is off, but will not shift while it's running.
-The clutch throw seems to be sufficient. I've got a 3/4" Wilwood Master cylinder and the stock 3/4" slave on the transmission.
-The clutch seems to be engaging properly because I can start the car in 1st, 2nd, or third and move the car forward, engaging the clutch slowly to drive the car forward.
-Notice when I put the clutch in to slow down around the corners in the video that it makes a rattling sound like the clutch fins hitting something.\
-After this video, the clutch fluid leaked out do to the push rod being over extended, but that's probably not really the main problem.
-The problem seems to be a stuck main bearing, issues with the throw out bearing, or the locker in back of the transmission that us used to convert the four wheel drive system to front wheel drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMkpS7SimBg

I am stuck and need some help if anyone has ideas.

Thanks,

Cr
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
R_u_dd
post Sep 7 2020, 08:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,072
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Bump... Crickets ... Bump for another round of views...
+Quote Post
ctc911ctc
post Sep 7 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,206
Region Association: North East States

You may have lost us at: Subaru 5MT transmission.

Most of us here are 901 guys.

However, I would start with the easy stuff or linkage. Hard to imagine not being able to pull out of First unless there is a physical block to the linkage.......... 2cents......
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:32 AM